I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

Purpose of Form :
Use this form to replace a "Green Card." Please note: You should not submit this form if you are a conditional resident and your status is expiring. You must use Form I-751 if you became a conditional resident through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. You must use Form I-829 if you became a conditional resident based on a financial investment in a U.S. business.
Number of Pages :
Form 5; Instructions 8.
Edition Date :
11/23/10. (08/10/09 edition also accepted.)
Where to File :
All paper-based Form I-90 applications along with all supporting documentation must be filed at the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox facility:
For U.S. Postal Service:
P.O. Box 21262 Phoenix, AZ 85036
For USPS Express Mail and Courier deliveries:
Attention: I-90 1820 E. Skyharbor, Circle S, Floor 1 Suite 100 Phoenix, AZ 85034
You may also choose to file electronically using the Internet. Please see "Instructions for Electronic Filing of Form I-90" in the Related Links section of this page.
E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that your Form I-90 has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application.  Form G-1145 can be downloaded through the link above.
Filing Fee :
$365. (Add $85 biometric fee for a total of $450, where applicable. See the form instructions for payment details.)
Special Instructions :
You have the option of filing this paper form by mail at the Phoenix, Arizona, Lockbox facility (see address above), or you may file it electronically using the Internet. Please check the Electronic Filing section of our website to determine if you are eligible to file electronically, and for instructions on how to properly complete and submit the form.
If you choose to file a paper version of the form, it is important to fill out the form completely and accurately and provide all required information, including a copy of your prior permanent resident card or other evidence of identity, and any supporting documentation with your application.
Important Lockbox Filing Tips:
  • Read and follow all form instructions for fees, filing location, and eligibility requirements.
  • If hand writing your application, ensure all entries are neat and legible. When entering information on your application or petition, be sure to keep your information within the box or space provided.  
  • Use black or blue black ink only. Do NOT use highlighters or red ink on your application as they may make your materials undetectable when scanned. 
  • Ensure that you are using the correct edition of the form. The correct edition is always available for download at the top of this page.
  • Ensure that printed forms do not have the data fields grayed out. Information entered into grayed-out data fields will not be detected by the machine scanners. 
  • Ensure that you provide all required supporting documentation and evidence.
  • Ensure that the supporting documents written in a language other than English are accompanied by an English translation.  
  • Be sure to sign your application.
  • Be sure that you mail all pages of the application.
  • If you must change your form, we recommend that you begin with a new form, rather than trying to white out information. Our scanners may see through the white correction tape or fluid and make your form incorrect, possibly leading to processing delays or rejection.
  • Be sure to enclose the correct fees. Read the form instructions for complete details. 
  • Make checks payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS". Two exceptions apply: 
    • If you live in Guam, make your check or money order payable to the "Treasurer, Guam."
    • If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands, make your check or money order payable to the "Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands."
  • Checks or money orders must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency.
  • We suggest that you use a separate check or money order for each application in the package and biometric fees.  If a single check is submitted for multiple applications and one of the applications must be rejected, then all applications will be rejected.  The Lockbox can not accept overpayment and make partial refunds.
  • Note that the requirement for biometrics fees varies depending upon your age and the benefit for which you are applying. Ensure the biometric fees submitted are correct based upon age and benefit.
After filing your application, USCIS will inform you in writing when to go to your local USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for your biometrics appointment.
Customer Service
  • If your form is rejected and you don't understand our explanation or disagree with that determination, please write to Lockboxsupport@dhs.gov before you re-file.  We will respond quickly to your concern.  Please include the form type, receipt number(s), and the applicant name and mailing address in your inquiries.  We specifically ask that Alien Numbers (A-numbers) NOT be included in email, as email is not a secure means of communication.
  • Lockboxsupport@dhs.gov can answer questions regarding applications and petitions which are pending acceptance or rejection at the Lockbox, and those which have been rejected.  Once your application has been accepted, the Lockbox has no information on the adjudication status. After your application or petition has been accepted by the Lockbox, if you have questions about the status of your pending application or petition, contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283 or visit our website, www.uscis.gov, and use the InfoPass system to make an appointment at your local USCIS office.
  • Requests to withdraw an application or petition must be addressed to the office adjudicating your application or petition.
  • Requests to send files to a different office must be made to the office holding your file.  Call USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283 to determine where your inquiry should be sent.
  • The Lockbox does not process refunds.  Information about refunds can be found by visiting our website and typing Refund Request in the Search box in the upper right hand corner of the homepage.
What Not to Send to a Lockbox Facility
  • Only applications with fees or fee waiver requests should be sent to any Lockbox.  
  • The following items are examples of items that should not be mailed to any Lockbox:    
  • The Lockbox does not accept additional evidence submitted in response to a Request for Evidence (RFE) or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID).  Send all documents and information requested through a Request for Evidence (RFE) or Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) to the office requesting the information.
  • The Lockbox does not process changes of address.  Please see our website for information on change of address.
Never Received or Missing Permanent Resident Cards
You must complete a Form I-90 if:
  • USCIS mailed you a Permanent Resident Card more than 30 days ago and you have not received it; and
  • Your Permanent Resident Card has been returned to USCIS by the Post Office as undeliverable; and
  • You have not moved from the address you provided to USCIS during the application or immigrant visa process that led to the creation of the card not received, or
  • Your Permanent Resident Card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error.
On the first page of the application, under Part 2, Application type, Number 2, Reason for Application, check:
  • Box "b" which reads: "My authorized card was never received," or 
  • Box "d" which reads "My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error."

What documents should I send with my Form I-90?
If you checked
Then Send
Box  “b”
A copy of your Form I-797, Notice of Action, that you received for your previously filed Form I-485, Form I-751, or Form I-90.
Box “d”
Original Form I-551 card containing the incorrect information that supports the requested correction

If your biographic data has been legally changed:
Submit a copy of the original court order or a certified copy of your marriage certificate reflecting the new name with your application. To replace a card because of a change of any other biographical data, you must submit copies of documentation to prove that the new data is correct.
Changes to Submitted Applications
If it is necessary to change any information on your submitted I-90 application, please bring evidence to support the change with you to your in-person appearance at your local ASC. Do not send written correspondence regarding changes.
Withdrawing an Application
To withdraw or cancel your submitted application, please submit a written request to:
Nebraska Service Center
PO Box 87090 Lincoln, NE 68502-7090
No refunds or returns will be honored in the event of an application cancellation or withdrawal request.